Coordinate your tile project.Get a free design consultation, on us!
5477 East Alhambra Avenue (west of Fremont Ave.), Los Angeles, CA 90032 | Visit us!
- FACTORY DIRECT
- COMPETITIVE PRICING
- QUALITY BRANDS
- GREAT SELECTION
- FREE IN-HOUSE DESIGNER!
TILE DESIGNER | Our free Professional Tile Designer
Looking for a tile designer in Los Angeles? Look no further. We absolutely have one of the best!. Meet with Carmin Segat at New Metro Tile Company. See details below. If Carmin is not available, don’t worry. Our other staff members also have great skills when it comes to helping our clients find just the right fit for their project materials.
How the Free Design Consultation Works
Times to meet with Carmin:
- 9:30-2:30 Thursday, Friday – first come, first served (no appointments taken).
- 9:00-2:30 Saturday – first come, first served (no appointments taken).
- Our free tile design consultations are offered to New Metro Tile customers only, to help color-coordinate your project.
NOTE: Carmin’s courtesy consultations are 1/2 hour limit per customer. Occasionally, on Thurdays and Fridays, Carmin is able to go a little longer — if she doesn’t have someone waiting for her. Call us at 323-221-1144 to set up a Thurs./Fri. appointment with Carmin. We also encourage you to take advantage of our highly knowledgeable staff who are always here to help you, and can also help you locate selections for a great tile look.
Our In-House Designer Carmin
In our commitment to provide outstanding customer service, we offer free design assistance, and designer services to assist our customers with their tile needs and color choices.
Carmin is a highly trained designer who brings 30 years of knowledge, expertise, and experience to New Metro Tile customers. She is a consummate tile expert: Carmin’s portfolio includes her own custom tile artwork, years of designing and implementing outstanding project designs for residential and corporate environments, and years of experience as a tile showroom expert. She is knowledgeable about tile history, tile product lines, and tile usage. Carmin also has a solid understanding of the technical and installation side of tile projects. Her husband is a highly experienced tile contractor. Carmin helps customers find design solutions in tile for all types of uses. She is great at helping customers coordinate colors and patterns for their tile projects whether interior, exterior, residential, and commercial. She helps customers looking for a great tile scheme for their floors, pool, kitchens, showers, foyer, patio, fireplace, or fountain. The selection of tile is so huge, given the range of styles, materials, and applications, that it can sometimes be overwhelming to customers in the showroom on their own. Carmen understands this. She is a great listener and helps whittle down choices very quickly into a very usable palette of colors and style. She can help you find a high end, luxury look for your home, with all the fine materials and details, or a look that appears high end, but is achieved on a budget. Carmin can easily point to great options for a variety of situations:
- Homeowners who have a residence that is perhaps a traditional style, but want to blend some more modern or contemporary tile choices into the design (yet still honor the traditional “bones” of their home’s inherent style.
- Homeowners who want a modern tile motif, but still want to bring in some elements of contemporary warmth to the style.
- Families who want a youthful or bright motif – or fun accent tiles, say, for a kid’s bathroom or shower. For teens, Carmin will sometimes look to various types of river rock for an organic or earthy fel on the wall, shower, or bath space.
- For customers on an especially tight budget, Carmin can help work some miracles. She can even show you how to pull together a great period style ’20s, ’30s, or 40s bathroom complete with hex floor tiles and stylish deco trim very inexpensively! If you’re after a retro 50s or 60s look, Carmin can help you pin down the details on that, too.
We are very lucky to have Carmin available to us, and to offer her services to our clients, both in-house (free) and privately (for a fee) to residential and commercial clients. Interested in a private, paid session with Carmin at your location? Get more details here. Our in-house interior designer, Carmin Segat is an interior design professional with highly specialized expertise in tile design. Her knowledge of historic eras in design, and how to apply them to interiors is exceptional. She has a thorough grasp of how to achieve all types of styles for any given situation. Carmin can also help pull together an outstanding look with tile for any budget.
Showroom Design Appointments
Carmin is available, at no charge, on a first-come, first-served basis, to New Metro Tile customers only. There is a 1/2 hour limit per customer. Please be patient as many people come for this service. Carmin often keeps hours at New Metro Tile on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We recommend that you call us at 323-221-1144 to confirm that she is in on the day you are interested in meeting with her. Carmin also accepts clients privately on a paid basis on other days of the week days. If interested in her paid services inquire here. In addition to Carmin, we also have an amazing staff that can also help you coordinate a project quite nicely. Our dedicated staff has been around tile for a long time and can also assist you with coordinating and pulling together a beautiful look.
“We learned of the free interior design New Metro offers with, Carmen. We were very fortunate she was available and spent 2 invaluable hours with her. Basic questions she asks is year our house was built, house style and focus on our needs and not a Houzz sample that would not blend with the rest of the house. We really had no idea how to design the back splash for our soon to be remodeled kitchen. Putting together 3 colors she presented a back splash, color selections for our quartz counter and island and convinced me (with out any pressure) to change our wood floor selection to a matching colored tile. I’m very pleased with her assistance and am convinced our selection will make us happy for years, even if we went beyond our flooring budget.”
Learn More About Styles
Learning more about types of styles can help your tile search immensely! Here are some quality resources we like that help to understand what various styles are all about.
STYLE GUIDES, TIPS, ARTICLES
- Guide to 16 Los Angeles Home Styles by Vanessa, January 27, 2012, Soulfulabode.com
- Modern or Contemporary: What’s the Difference? by John Hill, May 4, 2011, Houzz.com
- Modern or Contermporary Architecture?The Interiors Edition by John Hill, March 5, 2013, Houzz.com
- Six Tips To Finding The Right Backsplash For Your Kitchen Or Bath by Anna Marie Fanelli, March 4, 2014 Forbes / Places & Spaces.
- 12 Great Kitchen Styles — Which One’s for You? by Sheila Schmitz, March 2, 2013
- Your Guide to 10 Popular Bathroom Styles by Laura Gaskill, November 3, 2019
- Spanish Revival Architecture in Los Angeles by Sarah Hilbert, February 2014, OldHouse Online.
- Bungalows of the Arts & Crafts Movement by Patricia Poore, Photos by Douglas Keister, Publication Date Unknown, OldHouse Online.
- Architecture of Art Tile by Richard D. Mohr, November/December 2002, OldHouse Online.
- Tile Trends: Styles You Need to Know by Gabrielle Chariton, October 8, 2017
- Choose the Tile That’s Right for Your Room by Cheryl Freedman, August 22, 2017
STYLE GUIDES from HOUZZ
- Your Guide to Contemporary Style by Laura Gaskill, June 5, 2019
- Kitchen Workbook: 6 Elements of a Contemporary Kitchen by Rebekah Zaveloff, February 28, 2012
- Bathroom Workbook: 8 Elements of Contemporary Style by Mitchell Parker, March 15, 2014
- How to Design a Warm Contemporary Kitchen by Erin Carlyle, September 7, 2017
- Your Guide to Traditional Style by Laura Gaskill, August 5, 2019
- So Your Style Is: Traditional by Lisa Frederick, January 31, 2012
- Kitchen Workbook: 15 Elements of a Traditional Kitchen by Rebekah Zaveloff, February 14, 2012
- 8 Elements of a Traditional-Style Bathroom by Mitchell Parker, July 13, 2019
- Your Guide to Transitional Style by Laura Gaskill, May 22, 2019
- Your Guide to a Transitional-Style Bathroom by Laura Gaskill, August 11, 2019
- Design Recipe: How to Create a Transitional-Style Kitchen by Yanic Simard September 13, 2017
- Your Guide to Modern Style by Laura Gaskill, July 3, 2019
- 8 Elements of a Modern Kitchen by Rebekah Zaveloff, February 21, 2012
- Your Guide to Midcentury Style by Laura Gaskill, June 12, 2019
ARTS and CRAFTS / CRAFTSMAN
- How Arts and Crafts Style Beautifies Today’s Interiors by Julia Pockett, December 7, 2012
- Your Guide to a Craftsman-Style Kitchen by Laura Gaskill, September 9, 2019
- Your Guide to a Craftsman-Style Bathroom by Laura Gaskill, August 28, 2019
- Mediterranean Style in 11 Design Details by Giulia Zappa, November 1, 2017
- Bathroom Workbook: 7 Elements of Modern Mediterranean Flavor by Yanic Simard, October 10, 2014
- Your Guide to Industrial Style by Laura Gaskill, Septmeber 12, 2019
- Your Guide to an Industrial-Style Bathroom by Laura Gaskill, September 23, 2019
COASTAL / BEACH
- So Your Style is Coastal by Lisa Frederick, March 2, 2012
- Your Guide to a Beach-Style Bathroom by Laura Gaskill, October 3, 2019
- Your Guide to a Beach-Style Kitchen by Laura Gaskill, October 13, 2019
- Your Guide to Rustic Style by Laura Gaskill, June 26, 2019
- Your Guide to Farmhouse Style by Laura Gaskill, May 29, 2019
- Tile On A Budget – 1920s, 1930s, 1940s Style Bathroom by New Metro Tile, Mar 29, 2013, YouTube.com.
- Shower Tile Design – How to Mix Ceramic Tile with Marble by New Metro Tile, Dec 22, 2013, YouTube.com
“Carmen who gave careful attention to the appropriate design choices is a charming person, the best customer service received this far in my tile search.”
“This is the best tile store hands down. They have the best prices. Great selection. They serve contractors and home owners both! And if you call and make an appointment they have a FREE designer that I have sent many of my customers too and they all Love her. And for contractors like myself if they say the tile is coming in a week its there in a week. Unlike at CV tile where they say a week and it ends up being 4 weeks and the client looks at you thinking your the jerk. New metro also has a trilingual staff!!! Can’t say enough about this spot”
In-House Designer Available at No Charge to our Customers.
We stock many Tile Accessories & Hardware items for the Shower & Bath.
Our Tile Store Hours
- Mon. 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Tue. 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Wed. 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Thur. 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Fri. 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sat. 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
- Sun. Closed
For questions or assistance call us at 323-221-1144. We're here to help!
Please note: We are a tile store, dealership, and warehouse. We sell tile and tile supplies. We do not install tile.
We speak Spanish / Se habla Espanol.